Tuesday, December 1

Thanksgiving 09

As I mentioned in my previous blog, we left on Tuesday to celebrate Thanksgiving with my parents and siblings. The night we got there, Ryan and I scooted out to see the second Twilight movie, which I thoroughly enjoyed! I started the third book that night when we got home, haha. Wednesday was a fun day for the kid's to play; if my memory serves me correctly there wasn't much going on except a little meal preparation. Thursday we had a yummy Thanksgiving feast cooked mostly by my mom! My contribution was the fudge, and I have to say that it's the best I've ever made. Mmmm it was so good, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! Friday is the first year I skipped out on Black Friday shopping. I wasn't really in the mood, plus I'm in "conserve" mode right now so frivolous shopping is out! I did run out to Hobby Lobby to buy some fingerpaints, we all made a couple of "cards" for our grandparents with handprint turkeys. It seems most of us needed a little practice but the effort was definitely an A+ since the grandparents loved them! Saturday we said goodbye and hopped in the car to drive to Ryan's parent's house for a quick visit- we stayed the night then finally got home late on Sunday. Quite a busy week!

my sweeties, looking nice for a messy meal.

pawpaw and his two grandkids!

ryan, "before" as i like to call it!

my mom and dad, cooking up a feast

she enjoys video games a little too much for my comfort!

not sure what to make out of this noisy thing!

breakfast is better with a hat

4 comments:

The Zajicek's said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving! So glad you guys had a wonderful time with your family! Beth and Lukey look so sweet in their little Tgiving outfits!

mama schmerb said...

I'm getting myself a 'Bethie' hat to wear when I drink my coffee in the morning...makes the day go better....:)

Caroline said...

Happy belated turkey day, looks like good times :o)

DL9Addy said...

I like how mom is drinking the shiner black lager and dad is drinking the bud lite lime. That sums up a lot in that relationship. haha

 
site design by designer blogs