Tuesday, November 10

Trip to Austin



Last Thursday afternoon we hit the road to go to my parent's house. My brother Matthew turned 17 (!!!) so we met everyone there for a long weekend. It's soooo chaotic when everyone is there- Michael came in from medical school and so my parents, all 6 siblings plus Ryan and our two kids were all in our little house! I absolutely love the chaos though. It's such a joy to me to be part of a large family, even though it's hard to see it sometimes when I'm caught up in all the drama of what an 8-person household entails. But I love that we're all getting older and we can all "hang out" as life-long friends and not just siblings trying to pull each other's hair out (or burn eyelashes off, whatever. ;-). As wild as it was growing up (and Alex wasn't even born until I'd already left the house!), I wouldn't wish it were any other way. Gosh, we (I) thought we had it so rough because we didn't necessarily have all the latest-and-greatest gadgets, and some of us had to share rooms... And we had our share of family problems... But really. We had love- and we still do. I really hope I can raise my kids just as well! I hope they respect us as well as I respect my parents, love our faith as much as I was raised to love mine, and love each other as much as I love my siblings. I hope Ryan and I have a boisterous house full of chaos and love.

alex and luke being silly in the kitchen. luke admires those uncles!

matthew was such a good sport with that mean cake i made for him!

beth has discovered her love for the finer things in life- chocolate cake.

michael discovered some icing.

a cool new rope swing in the backyard. so much fun for two boys!

david and luke playing in the backyard. probably chasing a cat.

beth found him!

luke and michael, i wish i had one of my brothers here every day to play with him!

5 comments:

Grandma c said...

Wonderful pictures! The family picture under the tree was great of everyone!!!

Emily said...

What a great post! I hope that picture will be framed in your house, it is beautiful!

MolleenCarie said...

You have a fun family!

The Zajicek's said...

What a beautiful family you have! I bet it was so wonderful to be with them for the weekend and watch your kiddos play with their uncles!

Ramona said...

It's true what they say..."The more the merrier!"

 
site design by designer blogs