Sunday, July 12

Beach 2009


We just got back from our annual trip to Port Aransas! The kids had so much fun- we all did! Beth just loved playing in the sand, especially burying her feet, and Luke did pretty well eating, uh, playing in the sand also. ;-) We invited our friends Pat, Katie and kids to come with us, but still got to see my family every day out on the beach. I loved introducing a place I've grown up going to and have come to love to special people in my life. Every year it looks a little more touristy, but I suppose that when my mom and her family started going there 40-something years ago, it probably was still an almost-deserted island at that point. We liked the new place we stayed in, so if anyone needs a recommendation I would definitely suggest our condo!

And now for the pictures! There are a lot, I got a lot of good ones this year!

crossing the ferry, luke was asleep so he missed out on a picture of his first ferry ride!

luke's first experience with sand. he decided to take a big bite.

since the kids woke up at 6:20 the first morning we were there (a little earlier than normal), we decided to eat a quick breakfast and walk to the beach. we were out there by 7:30, it was empty, calm, beautiful and peaceful.

the first day, my aunts, cousins, mom, sister and i threw a surprise baby shower for my cousin! i think we had a nice time.

the girls before we hit the beach. they liked that both their cover-ups had hoods!

rafting in the shallow water.

luke fell asleep on me and let me lay him down. this actually happened a few times but by the last night he wasn't sleeping so well. he and beth were so worn out each night, but i think they were so wound up that they had a hard time falling asleep.

cutie in her "hot tub"

evening family picture. poor luke was so sleepy!

my family (minus one brother) on the beach. we missed michael soooo much!

flying a kite with daddy. it was a cheap kite so it didn't fly very well or high, but it was exciting enough for beth.

hmm luke, what have you been up to?

burying hands and feet. it was the funniest thing to her.

ryan caught two fish at the same time! two! i thought this was the coolest thing. they were hard heads, apparently one of the least popular fish in the gulf.

enjoying the sand.

they got serious about building a sandcastle last night. i think one of the biggest we'ver ever built. pretty cool, huh?

4 comments:

Emily said...

It looks like you had an amazing time!

DL9Addy said...

I wish I could have been there too. Maybe next year!

grandma c said...

Wonderful pictures! Looks like a fun vacation for all of you!

Caroline said...

Great pics! Steph, you look a lot like your mom, I had not noticed...

 
site design by designer blogs