Today I took Beth to the doctor because I was certain she had an ear infection. I was wrong! He said her ears look incredibly healthy, and he let me take a peek inside to see what he was looking at. I'd never done that before, I felt so special! He was really impressed that while we were talking, Beth took his ear-looker thing and grabbed it and put it up to my ear. Then she put it up to her ear. I told him she's really into mimicking our behaviors and he said that's really great! Then of course he made a comment about us having a future doctor on our hands. :-) Also while we were there, the nurse asked me "So do you know what you're having?" I was confused, I thought she was asking about Beth's sickness or something, then I realized she meant boy or girl! She's the first "stranger" who has asked me if I was pregnant- well she didn't even ask really. She said I was definitely looking pregnant with my little bump in the front. We joked about the in-between stage where you wonder, "Is she pregnant? Or just a little plump?" and I told her I was happy to officially be out of that stage thanks to her comment!
By the way, Beth weighed 24 lbs 4 oz. Last time we were there she was, I can't remember exactly, somewhere around 22 lbs? I feel like she's grown a lot in the past month or two- her face seems fuller to me.

She has a new talent now: "Pose." Her daddy, the male modeling expert, taught her this. When we say, "Beth, pose!" she tilts her head to the side and smiles. It's so stinkin' cute! I've been trying to teach her to "smile pretty" for pictures but she was totally not interested. By the time I realized tonight that I wanted to get a picture of it, she was already in the bath, so here it is!
4 comments:
So.... are you saying we have a future doctor / model on our hands?
She is a cutie! She knows how to work the crowd!
How cute! She really is looking like a big girl :o)
Post some belly pics...I love those :o)
Post a Comment