Pointing to the shamu slide that she refused to slide down!Today I took Beth to the pool for the first time this summer. It went better than I expected! She wasn't overly-enthusiastic about getting in the water (which was still pretty cold) but she wasn't afraid either. We walked around the pool, talked about the lifeguards, warning signs, pool chairs, plants... And of course the slide into the kiddie pool. She was all about climbing up the stairs but as I helped her down the first (and only) time, I could tell she wasn't ready for it yet! She did get into the baby pool for a bit, then we got into the "big kid pool" where we both got about chest-deep. She was very content with me holding her in the water, I held her away from me a little bit and told her to kick her legs. She liked that part! Then we sat on the steps and played a little bit until they told us to get out of the water for a safety drill or something. Everyone has to get out of the pool so the lifeguards can run drills for 15 minutes- sort of silly I thought. I mean, it was okay today when there were like 8 people there but what about in a few weeks when school lets out? How are they going to get a million kids out of the pool and make them sit out for 15 minutes?
cute baby! she wore her hat the entire time!
This past weekend was also my brother Michael's college graduation. Congratulations!!! He looked so wonderful and so old. Which means I'm older- it's wild how time just flies! The last time I was in that arena was 3 years ago tomorrow when I graduated!
And a happy belated mother's day to all of my mother friends out there. I hope you all had a wonderful day with your families! We spent time driving around after mass trying to find a resturant without a wait time and wound up picking up Sonic on the way home! Beth fell asleep during all that driving and of course woke up as soon as our food arrived at the car, and she decided that 10 minute nap was all she needed for the day! We had a nice afternoon that included a little bit of shopping for our upcoming trip and Ryan had some time to mow our lawn.
Congratulations Michael! Remember you have our laundry machine at your disposal whenever you need it during medical school! I may even make you a care package if you're nice to your new God-child. :-)Tomorrow and the rest of this week Beth and I will be busy packing and preparing for a couple of meetings I have. We may venture out to the pool again on Thursday if we have time! I can handle a 6:45 pm bedtime on pool days! Wohoo!


4 comments:
What a fun pool trip and congrats to your brother!!
Happy Mother's Day to you Stephanie! You are a wonderful mother to your sweet little Beth and your new baby coming soon! God bless!
Yes....the lifeguards can and will make everyone get out for 15 minutes.......(with much grumbling!) After June 6, we will "offically" have 3 lifeguards in the family, so, bring it up with them. (now, I will feel safer at the beach:-D)
Great picture of you, miss cutie and Michael! My two oldest babies...all grown-up, edumacated, and everything! (sniff, sniff)
Fun stuff! You guys are busy!
Thanks! That's a good picture. I may steal it...
Post a Comment