Beth and I went to the zoo (for the first time) on Wednesday with my parents and brothers! Yay for spring break! I think Beth had a really fun time looking at all the "busy" animals- the fish, small animals, the roadrunner- anything that was moving around. The big animals that were just standing there didn't hold her attention very long! She did wonderfully and sat in her stroller contently for a big chunk of the day, but she was also able to run around in the petting zoo (sooo not interested in petting anything!) and around in a grassy area with her crazy uncles. By the time we left in the late afternoon, she hadn't napped all day but was still in a decent mood, she slept all the way home. :-) In all the photos I have of her, she looks so serious! She did smile that day, but when she's taking everything in she gets this serious look on her face and totally blocks out all my attempts to make her smile! I was also exhausted that night, it's hard work walking around all day long!

Looking at the fish.

A nurse shark, I think? She really liked them because they were
swimming around a lot, and look how close she is to them!

Looking at something else exciting, a peacock I think. They were making odd noises!

She didn't so much like being in the eagle's nest!

A terribly exciting goose. He had seriously ugly feet.

That's about as close as she would get to the goats in the petting zoo!
She happily pet Uncle David's head though!

Looking at a tiger. It was literally 6 feet away, they
were feeding him through a cage.

This is a mommy monkey holding a baby monkey. I have often compared Beth to a baby monkey the way she clings on to me for dear life! This totally reminded me of her and me so I had to take a picture! :-) I had to seriously zoom in, which is why the quality is horrible.
1 comment:
How cute! We are going on Thursday with my niece and nephew and inlaws. I think everyone is going to love it. I saw that momma monkey nursing a baby a few years ago...pretty cool! I'm glad Beth and her uncles had a blast!
Post a Comment