I had the most wonderful birthday ever! Which was really nice because I wasn't expecting anything major for boring old 24. :-) Little things happened throughout the day that really reminded me of what a lucky person I am to have such wonderful people who care for and love me. I had so many people come to dinner to help celebrate with us- it's nice being surrounded by everyone you know, even if they don't know each other! The only down side is I wish I could have spent more time with each person, and there were a few very important people that couldn't be there as well. They know who they are...
But back to the point of the blog. :-) I am starting to have major back pain as a result of I don't know what. I've decided that I WILL get back on my walking and stretching routine, which *should* hopefully help my back. I'm telling you, I'm okay sitting here, but walking hurts like the pain of a thousand knives. Is that from a movie? I don't know. It really hurts though.
I received a gift card for a massage at a spa, which part of me wants to wait until I get a little bigger but now I'm thinking would be a good time for a massage. If I wait too much longer they might have to wheel me in in a wheelchair. I also received a gift card from my boss in an obscene amount to the maternity stores (Motherhood, MiMi, and Pea in a Pod- all owned by the same company). I went into MiMi Maternity and figured I could buy $60 shirts or pants there, or I could head to Motherhood and buy $20 shirts there. So I chose the latter. Today, I lost track of time and went crazy like I haven't done since my parents paid for my clothing. I wound up buying a white tank that says "baby", a green dress, a cute sweater that ties right over my ever-growing belly for "cold" weather (yeah, right), some gray capri pants nice enough for work, and a pretty black and white shirt. I think that's all I got, but I might be forgetting something. I went $18 over the limit though, but it was worth it. I haven't shopped like that in forever, and I think I got it out of my system!
DH and I have decided to take birthing classes starting in late September since we're not sure when/if we'll be moving. We'll do the classes, which are for three consecutive weeks, at our current hospital and if we do move, then we can take a "refresher" course around Thanksgiving. I suppose it's better to be over-prepared than under-prepared, though I've heard once you get in the L&D room, everything you've learned goes out the window...Anyways, I'd like to think we're preparing!
We're heading to Austin this weekend to attend a wedding of two of my high school friends who are marrying each other. I expect I'll see some people I haven't seen in years who don't even know I'm married, let alone pregnant, so this could be interesting!
Friday, August 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment