At the request of Dr. Storm, I am updating my blog. :-)
Last Saturday, the 19th, was DH's birthday. I had plans to buy him concert tickets to go see one of his favorite bands with some of his guy friends (I'm a good wife) but unfortunately the concert sold out. I even resorted to calling the radio station that was giving away tickets and begging- on air. It was interesting. Luckily DH heard me on-air and decided that was funny enough to be a good present, because they didn't give me tickets! So we went to vist DH's parents instead. We spent the weekend with them, grilling and relaxing with them and DH's brother and brother's fiance. I helped them mow their front and backyard on a riding lawn mower- with me, DH on a push mower and father-in-law on the weed eater, it took us a record 1 hour 15 minutes. So you can imagine how large the yard it! Bethany enjoyed the riding mower- bumping up and down for an hour was apparently like an amusement park ride because I REALLY felt her kicking me for the rest of the weekend!
We watched V for Vendetta Saturday night- I enjoyed the movie for the most part. I liked the plot, could have done without the slow-mo gore action.
Yesterday, Monday, I felt pretty miserable. It was like I was back in my first trimester again- no appetite, tired, headaches, nauseous...I left work early and went home to sleep. My brother was planning on visiting that night so I willed myself to perk up a bit. He showed up and we had a nice visit (DH had class that night). We made a cheesecake (yummy) and he took me to dinner for my birthday tomorrow, then we went to see the Body Worlds exhibit at the museum (link not working... http://houstonbodyworlds3.com/). VERY cool. My brother, being the nerd that he is, was naming parts the entire time and I learned how small a uterus really is to start off with... And now mine is huge... They also had a baby that was 21-22 weeks pre-born. I'm 23 weeks tomorrow so it really gave me a good idea of what Bethany looks like right now. Basically, a perfect little tiny body, about 7 to 9 inches head-to-rump.
Tomorrow is my birthday, I'll be a whopping 24-years-old. This is the age I will be when I have my first child, buy my first house, celebrate my second wedding anniversary. 23 was a fabulous age, I hope 24 is even better. I am meeting with friends to celebrate at the Cheesecake Factory- I am sooooo looking forward to some avacado egg rolls!!! And since we have plain cheesecake at home, I'll be indulging in some major cholocate tomorrow night as well. Mmm... Avacado and chocolate...
Tuesday, August 22
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just wanted to say Happy Happy Birthday pretty momma!
I hope Bethany treats you well today - no feeling sick on your bday!
Post a Comment