Beth and I visited a pediatric GI doctor on Tuesday, after thinking we wouldn't have an appointment until November 4! I called our pediatrician and asked him to call the ped GI and request we be seen sooner- I got a call the next day asking us to come in that afternoon! I really liked the ped GI! He was upbeat, positive, and really wanted to know how I was taking in everything. He explained the blood test to me; Beth's numbers (I forget the units of measurement) was greater than 100, which meant to him that there was a 90-95% chance that she actually has celiac disease. But he agreed that we should perform the endoscopic biopsy and we set a date for October 21st. In the mean time, we have to continue to feed Beth gluten-filled products so that her stomach/small intestine doesn't start healing, which would give us an inaccurate biopsy result.
So for now, and the next month, life is normal. I'm feeding her most of the same things but I'm starting to slowly introduce gluten-free products so that it's not a huge change at once!
I had Luke tested on Monday, and today I got a call that his blood panel was negative for celiac disease! For now, he's fine. He could possibly develop celiac, but we're not going to worry about for now!
And now, a cute picture, because I know that's what y'all are here for!
2 comments:
They are so cute! I bet it is a relief to know a little more. The unknown is the hardest part. Even when my friend Linda was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer, she was so relieved when she knew more about it. The outcome was still death but after knowing what she was up against she could give it to God. I hope you are finding that peace with the knowledge that is coming.
A bunch of cuties, bundled up together!
Post a Comment