Thursday, September 23

Rainbows


We've been slacking off on school already, haha. Didn't the school year just start? Well, my plan was to see how it all goes, and a few weeks into it I've already learned a lot!

As much as I'd love to have a dedicated school room, at this point it's not working. It's upstairs, and we don't spend a lot of time upstairs. Having a formal school room already has Beth thinking that school = work, and I don't like that one bit. She's too little for that. So instead I don't always tell Beth we're going to "have school," I just do it. I tell her we have a new activity and then we get going!

I also don't like the trendy "lapbooks." It's a cute idea but I'm a tightwad and I don't like printing off so many pages when we only use them once or twice! So I've continued to scan those sites with all the cute printables, but I only print off one or two pages for our use.

I've used my new laminator. I love it! I downloaded a shape game, laminated it, and put velcro dots on the back. It seriously looks like a professional game, expect I did it!

I have so many things I want to buy, mostly arts and crafts items! Dot markers, cookie cutters for play doh, (gluten-free play doh...), washable markers, stickers, books... And something pretty to organize everything in!

And while I've attempted to make lesson plans, I usually wind up winging it. This week we've focused a lot on colors because of a library book we checked out called Mouse Paint. We've talked about colors, and that led us to rainbows, which led us to collecting colored items around the house, which led us to Noah's Ark, which led us to coloring rainbow pages. Tomorrow I hope to set them up outside and let them have at it with the finger paint!

i asked her to draw a rainbow. she wound up mixing colors (crayons don't mix very well!) and writing some letters instead!

we collected red items, blue items, and yellow items. then we found items with red and yellow, red and blue, and blue and yellow, and even a couple of items with all three colors. then we drew it out on paper, mixed the colors, and drew a rainbow!

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

YOU are a rainbow to us!

 
site design by designer blogs