This has been one of the busiest weeks of my life, and it's only half-over! Ready?
Woke up Monday morning to exploded milk in car. Had to figure out how to drop off car with kids since they couldn't ride in their carseats, dropped off kids with neighbor and dropped off car. It's deadline day so had to call 4 clients to follow up. I'm also working on a tri-fold display for our ministry fair expo this weekend so I've had to email back and forth about that. Then I got a new client so I had to write some more. Combine that with multiple phone calls from the magazine, the clients, the people I've been talking to about buying yard toys, and just general email correspondence and that's a lot of time on the computer. Only my computer runs at half-speed compared to the rest of the world, so there's a little more time wasted. Then I realized Beth was supposed to have dance that day, so we had to reschedule with the studio- a few more emails. All of that, plus writing, plus trying to get Beth to nap and Luke to chill out for a few minutes since his tooth is hurting him so badly, plus they both have runny noses and are slightly cranky. Then we had to pick up the car, but it wasn't ready so that was another headache. Make dinner (barely), put kids to bed, and work some more.
That was Monday.
Tuesday was a lot of the same thing, since I didn't meet my deadline (hehehe, but totally out of my control!), and PLUS we had 3 pieces of our furniture delivered! We have my dresser, Ryan's chest, and the mirror- the bed is supposed to come sometime soon. We lived out of suitcases for a month or so, so last night we spent a lot of time decluttering and sorting through clothes to donate. We filled two big bags, filled our new dressers, and are finally getting our room to feel slightly normal again. Though my computer desk is still a card table.
Wednesday. More phone calls, more emails, two new articles (so two new deadlines) and a meeting. Plus I keep standing up a phone date with someone. Then my computer randomly shuts itself off...
Thursday and Friday hold the same things for us, except for tomorrow I have to go up to church and hit the grocery store on the way home. Friday I might collapse and hibernate all weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am reeling just reading this.
I know I have lived like this before, but........ugh!!
Please hibernate, so you don't go insane and so that Ryan and the kids think mommy has lost it......
does the phrase 'burning both ends of the candle' have any meaning???
And, yet........you still have time to blog.....hhmmmmm.....haha
glad to hear about the new furniture. That will be a nice retreat for you two. :)
Hey...you have a very willing babysitter down I-45...just call and I will be there. (I know...that sounds like a song.)
Post a Comment