Monday, March 9

Bath time!

pretty day outside- taking ariel for a stroll


Two kids in a bath! The first time we put them in together was last Thursday or Friday, and it didn't go so well. There was lots of crying on Luke's part, and all Beth wanted to do was pour water on his head. We've done it three times now, and tonight was rather cute! Beth still wants to pour water on him, but at least he sat in there for awhile and made some cute cooing noises. We're going to try to start Luke on a rough bedtime routine- his routine now consists of lots of crying and us having to pace around the house. We're not going to do a full routine with him yet, just put him in the bath (most) nights and hopefully he'll start to understand that bath = sleep. That's our goal...eventually!

Goodness, I have had such a busy weekend. Wednesday I had a work interview, Thursday I had a work interview, Friday I had two work interviews and a haircut (it's really cute!) and Sunday we hosted a baby shower for Ryan's brother and sister-in-law. Phew! At the hairstylist, I talked to her about Beth's fine hair, and she suggested I give it a little snip to make it look fuller. So I did. Don't worry, you can barely tell I cut it, but we'll go ahead and consider this her first real haircut!


We also worked on Luke's room last week. I scored major on Freecycle and got a matching bedroom set- bumper, sheets, crib skirt, valence, blanket, mobile and wall decor. All free! It's sort of gender-neutral for my preferences (safari-themed) but it's cute and it matches! I bought some shelves at Garden Ridge to top it all off, so now his room is almost complete- I just need a lamp and a nightlight!

1 comment:

DL9Addy said...

That's a very nice valence, and I know valences.

 
site design by designer blogs