Wednesday, March 18
Solution
For the longest time, we've been debating how to archive my blog. I suppose blogger.com will be around forever, and every post and photo I've put up since before Beth was born will be saved, right? Hmm. Well, since my blog is pretty much the best account of our lives, with the best pictures picked out of the hundreds and hundreds I've taken, we had the genius idea to turn my blog into a photo book. Lots and lots of photo books, I'm sure, but we want to be able to keep the text in addition to all the photos! I haven't printed off photos since before Luke was born, so needless to say we don't have photo albums laying around the house (none since college, at least!). So the money we spend on photo books, we think, will be money well-spent, since it will be a permanent tangible record of our lives since Beth's birth. I haven't worked out the details yet, like what sizes to get or from which website, but I think it'll work out well. Yay! I am so excited to get started, but I now I must find the time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great idea! For Jose's first Father's Day gift I got him a photo book and filled it with pictures of him and Antonio - he loved it! I used Snapfish.com, no complaints.
I have been keeping my entries (as well as extra ones that are too personal to post) in a word doc so that later I can publish a hardcover book for them...the website is called lulu.com You can add pics too. I might do a couple of volumes so maybe years 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 and finally 16-20...
Steph--rather than a photo book (i.e. Snapfish, Shutterfly, etc) there are online companies that publish blog books specifically. I would seek those out before you make your final decision. I know Jessica at Balancing Everything http://balancingeverything.com/ has published her blog for personal records and talked about it on the blog, but I don't remember what website she used. (I don't know if you've been familiar with previous blogs of hers, Very Mom and Kerflop. Those are not in use anymore, she tends to evolve every now and then to something new.)
Anyway, just wanted to mention that. Great idea to keep your blogs forever!
I emailed Very Mom and asked her. She used a company that isn't there anymore, but recommended www.blurb.com for someone who has a Blogger blog. Here's a direct link to "blog books:"
http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook
Post a Comment