Thursday, November 8

"Safe" toys

At this point I'm sure everyone has heard of the seemingly hundreds of recalls of toys this year, mostly due to the lead content in the paint. With Christmas (and a birthday!) coming up, I've asked around and compiled a list of websites of toys NOT made in China. Some are made in the US and others in European countries, which I hope should all be safe for our children to play with.

http://maplelandmark.com/
http://www.holgatetoy.com/
http://www.turnertoys.com/made-in-USA/american-made-toys.htm
http://www.ubah.com/ecommerce/default.asp?sid=A1269&gid=38390911 (sold by a friend)
http://www.unclegoose.com/
http://www.oompa.com/ (some are made in China and some aren't)
http://www.planethappytoys.com/
http://www.choochootrack.com/
http://www.woodentrain.com/ (for the train lovers out there)

http://www.parentdish.com/2007/11/04/websites-with-american-and-european-made-toys
http://www.coolmompicks.com/safertoy07/
http://www.parentdish.com/2007/08/29/buying-made-in-america-toys

This blog talks about some manufacturers: http://www.momgogreen.com/2007/08/toy-origins.html

Please feel free to add more links in my comments if you know of any!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the websites. As a concerned grandma, I was boycotting toys made in China. Now, I have some options and Beth won't have to be "toyless" at Christmas. :)

 
site design by designer blogs