This morning I was able to slip away for a bit (my wonderful husband watched Beth!) so I could go with my grandma visit my grandfather. He has been diagnosed with
Pick's Disease- similar to Alzheimer's. He lives away from my grandma now, in a home with several other patients where he receives 24 hour care- so today I tagged along to go visit. I'm so glad I did- it's so difficult to see someone you love so much in a state like that, but I loved being able to see him. :'-) Please pray for the sick, those who love them, and their caretakers.
Today we also went into town to a Romanian festival- my future sister-in-law invited us (she's from Romania!) so we went and listened to some spiffy music, ate some YUMMY food, and had some delicious wine. It was really neat to hear Romanian being spoken all around us, it's a beautiful language but I have absolutely no clue what anyone is saying since it's so different. I did learn how to say, "How's it going" but I'm not even going to attempt to spell it!




No comments:
Post a Comment