Last night we had a rainstorm. It really wasn't all that bad, but at one point there was the most sudden, loudest crash of thunder I've ever heard. It sound like two cars slamming into each other- Ryan and I both jumped, but Beth wasn't phased, lol. We didn't think anything of it. So this morning I let Vegas outside and she runs to our hammock and starts smelling something that appears to be a snake, so I flip out and call her to me and go investigate (don't worry, I made sure it wasn't moving before I got too close!) It was a huge piece of bark that had been sliced clean off of a huge pine tree- by lightning! Lightning struck our tree- a tree not even 10 feet from our house! PRAISE GOD that the tree or its branches didn't catch fire and fall on our house. It is really quite a site- the pictures don't do it justice.


3 comments:
That's crazy! Thank god everything turned out ok.
WOW!!!!!!!!! thats a little too close for comfort. Glad everything was ok. Did Ryan get scared and and start soccer kicking the furniture as he did when Acie Law drained the buzzer beater over Kevin Durrant?
Minnesotan
So glad you guys are ok!
Post a Comment