Monday, April 30

Toes

















Someone found her toes this week! Every time she is placed on her back, her feet immediately go up in the air and she grabs her toes. It's so cute! They haven't made it to her mouth yet, although I've seen her try to pull them up to her mouth one time.

Last week Beth and I mostly stayed home. In an effort for me to try to help her sleep better, we cut out all road trips and just stayed in. It helped! She went from napping very little and unpredictable to napping a LOT and sort of on a schedule. It's a bit easier for me to read her sleepy cues. I checked out some books from the library to try to help her sleep more, but I realied the more I read the more I thought something was wrong with her. I tried thier methods to "fix" her and it made things worse. I realized through prayer and some great friends that there was nothing wrong with her! So she wakes up a lot during the night, the good news is that she's right there with me since we cosleep, and she nurses right back to sleep. I get more sleep while she's cosleeping because I'm more relaxed and don't have to get up to get her. So I came up with sort of a compromise- she falls asleep at night in her crib in her room and I bring her into bed with us when she wakes up after we're in bed. It's nice because we don't have to tiptoe around in our room at night and I only have to walk across the house to get her once.

Saturday, DH and I had a nice day! Grandma and Grandpa came to stay with miss Beth while mommy and daddy headed out for our first post-baby alone outing! We went to a nice lunch together and did a little shopping, and came home to feed Beth once during the day. I know Beth loved ALL the attention she was showered with while they were here, and it was so nice to be able to spend alone time with DH!

On a separate note, we are looking to rehome our 2 kitties, Jezebel and Nova. They are nice, good kitties, but taking care of the animals plus the baby plus the house is too much for me right now! If you or anyone you know is interested in taking them, please let me know!!! They are indoor-kitties only!

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs