Wednesday, February 21

A new stage

Happy! A diaper change!
Extreme closeup!
What we've been seeing a lot this week... Pouting and crying!

Taking a (very!) relaxing nap on daddy.
Blowing bubbles!


This week Beth has begun to scream. It's lovely! Actually just in the past couple of days she's been very fussy with both of us, refusing to just let us sit down and hold her... She must be carried around. She really likes it when Daddy carries her though, which is nice for me to have a bit of a break! The good news is though is that she's starting to fall asleep on her own at night. We'll all get in bed (she sleeps with us!) and I'll lay her down after she's nursed and she'll babble on for a bit with her nuk (pacifier) and fall asleep. No mommy required (except to stick the nuk back in when it falls out). I'm hoping this will remain a good habit and eventually become a daytime nap habit too. I tried today to put her down after she fell asleep in my arms and she woke up... So I tried again. And again. And again. I gave up after the 4th time because by then she was wide awake! I'll keep trying. I love holding her while she sleeps, but I know she's got to learn to sleep without me or DH holding her so I can get stuff done! She's also started blowing bubbles when she's sitting contently in her bouncy chair, she reminds me of a little sand crab!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is such a cutie. I think from some of her facial expressions that she misses her grandma and grandpa.

Anonymous said...

Wonder who anonymous is...they must be related to that adorable baby!

 
site design by designer blogs