diaper changes are fun!
pushing herself up on the boppy

the new thing... this was supposed to be the "spitting it out" picture...It's hard for me to believe. She's moving from the "newborn" to the "infant" stage... She's starting to look less like a newborn to me, especially after reviewing the past week's worth of photos!
It's been a big week. Miss Bethany has discovered she has lungs. And she isn't afraid to use them either- wow that girl can shriek! Sometimes it's random but also whenever she's the slightest bit displeased.
We also took the leap and gave her a pacifier. I was having serious reservations about giving her one but finally realized that maybe I wasn't meeting one of her needs so I'm trying to view it as something that's beneficial to her. The funny story is that the first time I put it in her mouth, she made a sour face and spit it out(I was so happy!) so I grabbed the camera to take a picture of her spitting it out and stuck it in her mouth again... She kept it in! Little toot.
We also had an incident at the mall this week. I was shopping and had her in her sling and she started going to town making a dirty diaper. It was so loud another customer laughed and made a joke about it. Shortly after I felt something warm on me, through the sling, so I hightailed it to the ladies room. Umm yeah, she had exlpoded through her diaper and all in her bodysuit (it was a footed onesie)and I'm pretty sure nothing was in her diaper. It was everywhere else though (including her feet, not sure how that happened). So I wipe her down with diaper wipes and reach for her spare onesie I keep in the diaper bag... Yeah, not there. I debated putting her back in the nasty outfit or going naked. Naked won. I took her to Macys (closest store) and grabbed an outfit off the rack and brought it to check out. By this time Beth was angry that I had her back in the pouch (she had only a diaper on!) so she was screaming at the top of her newly-discovered lungs. I was so flustered I asked the lady if I could just put it on her right there at the checkout and she helped me get Beth dressed, then I hurried back to the ladies room to nurse her and de-stress myself. It's funny now but not so much while it was happening.
Today I had my six week OB checkup and it was weird going back with the baby outside of me this time, lol. I'm healthy and properly healed, but he's got me taking some iron suppliments because I was and still am pretty anemic. I am also only 3 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight, which was nice to hear since I was prepared to see a much worse number and am struggling with body image issues right now. Having a baby changes lots and as well as you prepare yourself for changes, you just can't know what to expect until you're there.

2 comments:
Exploding diaper syndrome....welcome!
Baby sreeching at the top of her lungs....for no reason...welcome!
Being flustered in the middle of the store.....because of screeching baby......welcome!
nursing baby....in the ladies room.....priceless!
Wish I had been there to enjoy the moment!
I am so glad to hear you are healed.
Please take care of the anemia.
You are too precious!!
hey did the doc tell you to take vitamin c with the iron supplements?
if you don't combine the iron with vit C, you don't absorb it as well...just a friendly tip from another anemia sufferer! it helped me a lot :)
Post a Comment