I was talking to a friend and I realized I am soooo not ready yet. I have so many things left to do! I've been so focused on unpacking boxes and organizing the house- which are yes, very important tasks- but I haven't even begun preparing for baby. Or, rather, I'm preparing for labor but not for the fact that I actually have to bring home a child after labor and delievery, you know? Pregnancy so far has been all about me- about taking care of myself and doing things for me that are good for the baby. Pretty soon it's not going to be about me at ALL, instead, it'll all be about her! It's just a hard concept to grasp, a completely different frame of mind. DH has set up her crib and dresser (that's doubling as a changing table) and we have a rocking chair in her room. That's IT. I haven't washed a single onesie or washcloth, I don't even have baby soap to wash off her precious bottom with, I have no clean receiving blankets or crib sheets, I have only *one* package of diapers and that's it. What else do I need? I don't even know! I don't even have my hospital bag packed yet! I need to do that... That's pretty important. I know really all she'll need are clothe, burp rags, blankets, socks and diapers but I feel unprepared, I guess since nothing is washed yet. Her crib isn't even 100% set up since it turns out we're missing 3 screws that we'll probably have to order from the manufacturer since Lowes doens't have them. Luckily I am only 37 weeks and not really showing any signs of labor yet, so hopefully I'll have a couple or more weekends before she decides she's ready. So I'm pushing back my desired due date to December 18. Long enough before Christmas, but still early.
The commute to work really hasn't been too bad, it takes me about 50 minutes to get to work and 65 to get home. It's by no means fun, but it's just not as painful as I thought it would be. My back gets a little sore but it's my rear end that hurts the most! Today, Friday, is our last company lunch- it's a Christmas lunch/my going away lunch. If you don't know about my company lunches, they are goooooood. There are 4 people in my office, all women, and we do it right- fancy boutique resturant, appetizers and entrees and dessert, maybe a bottle of wine or two (before I became pregnant it was definitely two bottles). I'm not talking about Chilis or even a Papas resturant, but somewhere where out bill is at least $200, minimum. Man I'm going to miss that. Next Wednesday, the 13th, is my last day at work. Then I will sleep for a few days and do all that other stuff I have to do to get ready for Beth!
I can't decide if I want to decorate for Christmas because decorating just means I'll have to take it all down after the Epiphany, which means more work for a new mom. So... we might just stick with a live tree (which we're cutting down tomorrow morning!) and a nativity scene and advent wreath. I don't think I'll do too much more just because of the effort part. I might change my mind though, especially if I get that sudden burst of energy that happens right before labor!
Sorry for the novel! Since we have no home internet, I'll update again on Monday!
Friday, December 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi! That is why God put me on this earth. I will happily take all of the baby clothes, sheets, etc. and wash them all in "baby-safe" detergent--the gentle kind. I can pick them up this weekend and will wash them and get them back to you before she makes her entrance into the world. Enjoy your dinner with the ladies. Love, "Grandma" c
Post a Comment