I am officially a stay at home wife. Well, hopefully very soon I'll be a stay at home mommy. So far I've been productive, I haven't been sitting around eating bon bons all day. :-) Today I got up at 8:45 and the washer and dryer I ordered last Thursday arrive around 9:00- woooooohoooooo! So then I sorted laundry and started our very first load, I know it's boring to the rest of the world but you have no idea how exciting this is for me. I can finally do laundry in my own house- this has *never* been done. I've not had a washer/dryer since I lived at home. So after this first "test" load of whites I'm throwing baby stuff in there so that she's got something to wear on her way home from the hospital.
Last night DH and I tried to install the carseat. Boy I had no idea how difficult that would be to get it in there securely. I think we got it right, but I plan on bringing it by a fire station or baby store or somewhere to have it checked out by a car seat safety tech. Hopefully someone at our fire station is certified since it's right at the enterance of our neighborhood and I wouldn't have to drive far!
Today I'm going to take it easy, beyond the constant laundry (oh my is there a lot to do!). We had a total of 10 people over this weekend, some visitors and some houseguests, and two more coming tonight for dinner, and I am exhausted beyond all belief. I hope I'll be able to nap. DH is betting tomorrow is the day for Bethany to arrive but I'm kind of hoping she'll wait at least until Wednesday so I have a chance to get a few more chores done. The reality is though, she'll probably go past her due date, I know I know. I can hope though!
Monday, December 18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
yay for staying home!
Aren't washers and dryers fabulous? I remember the joy I felt when we got ours!
I hope Beth comes soon!
Post a Comment