Tuesday, December 12

No News

I've decided that I was off- I used to use Wednesday as my "new week" day but I've recently discovered my due date is on a Tuesday so I'm switching to Tuesdays. That means today I'm 38 weeks pregnant. This is very much full term.

We took a tour of the hospital last night (they're optional but highly recommended) just to learn about checking-in procedures as well as room amenities and hospital policies. I'm so glad this hospital is very pro-mother/baby bonding, they encourage breastfeeding ASAP after the birth and only run a nursery from 11 PM -7 AM, so rooming in with the baby during the day is pretty much mandatory. The rooms are nice and big and they have very lenient policies on visitors and visiting hours, which is also nice. It made everything just a little more real, since we were there yesterday thinking, "Wow, we're going to be here doing this very soon."

I can tell my body is gearing up for labor in several ways, some too personal to mention on an online blog. :-) But my hormones are changing (acne!) and my back is definitely loosening up- it feels like those bones are barely connected anymore. And I can't do too much walking without having to pause and catch my breath. Being active brings on contractions, that's for sure. I'm not ready to go into labor yet so I'm trying to take it easy. This, however, will make Christmas shopping on Thursday a little difficult!

We are setting up internet at our house on Thursday, so I'll be able to post some updated photos of the baby room and my belly then!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

How exciting! I'm so glad it's getting so close for you! Feels like you've been pregnant forever, LOL.

 
site design by designer blogs