Monday, November 20

We have a house!

It's amazing! We're officially homeowners. :-) We spent a long weekend of cleaning and painting and the house looks soooooo much better! DH's parents, my dad and brother, and two friends helped us out a LOT this weekend by helping paint, clean floors and cabinets and bathrooms, steam clean carpet, clean the windows, rip out the desk and other random jobs. I did not paint at all, for the record (even though my OB said it was okay if I did!). Now that the house is clean, we have some other odd jobs to do like install some hanging cabinets in the bathrooms and replace a couple of light fixtures, power wash the exterior and build a dog run for our doggie. By the way, Vegas *loves* her new backyard. I mean I've never seen her leap like a deer so much, it's so cute. I tried not to overwork myself, but of course I wound up being a bit stiff after working Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. But nothing I didn't expect, just stiffness in my lower back and hurting, swollen feet. Tonight and Tuesday night DH and I have to finish packing up our apartment stuff before we head to Austin for Thanksgiving with my family. We'll come back Friday night and then the big move on Saturday morning! I think we'll be living at the house starting next Saturday- that's less than a week away! Crazy!

I think at this point I should point out that I have the. best. husband. in the world. He's been taking such good care of me, especially when I'm feeling sick or tired. I felt so bad last night and he just did whatever he thought I needed and took such good care of me. I love him so much!!!

Pics of the new house to come... I'll wait until we have furniture in!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house! Doesn't it feel wierd that we have to admit we are old!

Anonymous said...

and I can't type tonight, just blame it on old age!

Mandi said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures!

 
site design by designer blogs