Monday, November 27

Thanksgiving and Moving Recap

DH and I visited my family in Austin for Thanksgiving, since it would be my last time to "travel" before Bethany is born. I'm not supposed to go anywhere anymore since I'm so far along. Anyways, we had a very nice time, nothing terribly exciting to report. I did do a bit of shopping on Black Friday, but I wasn't in the mood since shopping= walking and walking isn't fun for me anymore. So I went for the company, basically. :-)

We drove back to Houston on Friday night and did one last cram session of packing. Saturday morning we were up early getting things ready to go- luckily we had lots of help! With a total of three trucks, an SUV, a U-Haul trailer and my little car we got *most* everything to the house by around 2:00 on Saturday. A few things are still left at our apartment but DH and I have until the 30th to empty it out and get it back into a clean condition. Basically, I'll be cleaning and DH will have to paint all of the rooms white again... Horrible, but it has to be done or else they'll charge us an arm and a leg!

The house looks amazing! I would say that it is comfortable- all of our furniture fits in quite nicely and there's only a bit of bare space in our bedroom and the kitchen. I'm very happy with the way all of the paint turned out, and Beth's room is going to be *the* most adorable baby room. We had the fridge delivered and it's up and running- kind of a tight fit but it does the job. DH and I still have to pick out a washing machine and dryer. That'll probably happen next month. We have some other things left to buy, like a dresser/changing table for Beth, but I think the rest of the stuff we want will have to wait for a bit. Like, we tossed out our ugly entertainment center, so now the TV is on a coffee table. We don't really have any bedroom furniture, but luckily the closet is big. And I'm pretty sure I *need* an island in the kitchen- after beginning to unpack stuff in there there's NO WAY it's all going to fit. I wanted a big kitchen and I got lots of square footage, but I'm not joking when I say there's hardly any cabinet or counter top space. As someone who likes to cook often, that's high on my priority list right now.

Saturday night we had dinner at my grandmother's house- she lives 9 minutes away now. I'm so happy I'll be able to visit her and my grandfather (who is in a nursing home nearby) more now. My parents and siblings typically stay over at her house when they visit, too, so it's just another convinence for us!

Sunday was more unpacking and settling. It's going to take a bit of time, but we expected that. I can't stand up for more than 15-30 minutes at a time at this point and DH is doing a lot of hard labor stuff so we both were pretty exhausted last night. We're going to save some things to unpack until we have a bit more furniture, so we most likely won't have everything done before the baby is born. But we're both okay with that because we have a hall closet and a guest bedroom closet with LOTS of storage space for boxes. :-)

My commute to work this morning was exactly 50 minutes from the driveway to the parking lot. It didn't feel that bad though since I was going at least 60 the whole way, luckily my job starts at 9 instead of 8 so I can avoid the nasty I-45 rush hour traffic. Going home at 5 when the whole world gets off of work, might be a different story... I only have 15 days of doing this though, as my last day is planned for December 15. Hopefully I won't make it that long though, and I'll have this baby before then!

Tomorrow we have a dr. appointment, I'll have my Group B Strep test and I'm hoping he'll check to see if I've dialeted or dropped at all. I really feel like I've taken a turn for the worse the past week- it's probably moving stress and baby combined, but I'm just sooooo uncomfortable and get tired so easily. I'm also feeling sick again so I'm really monitoring what I'm eating... And my back hurts... And the baby movements are sometimes uncomfortable... And I can't sleep even though I'm tired... You know, typical stuff I imagine. I know once she's out though that I'll miss the feeling of being able to feel her move. But on the other hand, I can't wait to finally see her! 29 more days until "the" date! By the way, that also means 28 days until Christmas...

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Isn't it GREAT to have your own home?? I can't wait to see pictures! (hint, hint)
I'm sorry you're uncomfortable, and I'm betting you DO go early! (hugs)

 
site design by designer blogs