Today we went house hunting, though looking at our "schedule" I'm not so sure why since we're not ready to officially close yet. But I guess we're getting a good feel for what's out there... Unfortunately not too many beautiful houses in our budget! Several houses we looked at were a waste of time, it was our realtor's first visit to most of these homes I think so he wasn't aware that there were issues with some of the houses (exposed studs without drywall?). We're hoping to find something this might need a little bit of easy work initially, and then we can fix things up as we live there longer and after we have a bit more money to put into it.
We did see a couple of houses we liked, but one was priced out of our budget (we can always offer though, right?) and the other had a few things I didn't like (like a wet bar and it had no utility room). But, the thing is, like I said earlier, we're not ready to close yet so I don't think we're ready to make an offer. If those houses are still on the market in another few weeks, we'll go from there.
Last night and today we saw some of DH's old friends that he (we) haven't seen in years. It's really great being able to catch up with old friends, I really hope we have the opportunity to stay in touch with them and others along the way. :-)
Saturday, September 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
House hunting is a blast and very overwhelming at the same time. I was amazed at how easy it was to sign away so much money in one go! Have fun, and make sure you enjoy yourselves!
Have fun house hunting! Keep me posted and let me know if you have any questions about that area. Also, I'm pretty sure I saw you guys at mass this morning, but we were slow to leave and never saw you afterwards. Guess we'll have to wait to meet for real at the board get together. Have a great week!
Blair :)
Post a Comment