Wednesday, September 6

26 week doctor appointment

Yesterday DH and I had our 26 week doctor appointment. Basically, we have to go every four weeks, so this was just a routine pee-in-a-cup and hear-the-heartbeat appointment. Unfortunately we had to wait in our room for about 45 minutes until a nurse came in and told us that our OB was delievering a baby and would be in soon... So the appointment took a bit longer than it should've! It stinks that every time we visit our OB I like her less and less. She seems very arrogant and barely gives us the time of day- once I had to chase her down because she ran out of the room before I had a chance to ask her questions. Yesterday she told DH, who isn't yet sold on the idea of having a doula attend our birth, that doulas are in her opinion, unncessary. Especially if you have a good relationship with your OB. Well, that didn't help my case any. Luckily DH takes everything she says with a grain of salt since she's not really the best doctor in the world. The good news is she hasn't tried to tell me I need botox or other sorts of beautifying services she now provides... *sigh*

At least the whole experience makes the decision to switch OBs if and when we move quite easier. Since we *hopefully* will be moving in November, we'll have to find a new OB before then and start seeing her hopefully sooner than later, to develop some sort of relationship with her.

The update: my waistline is now 39 inches (measured right under my belly button) and I'm up 14 lbs. And since Bethany is kicking the heck out of the inside of my belly now, I'll take that as a hello from her. :-)

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I say you get a doula if you want one! You're the one laboring, not your ob.

 
site design by designer blogs