Wednesday, March 7

Sleeping on her own







As you can see from the first picture, Miss Bethany is sleeping on her own, out of our bed, and the best part is she's putting herself to sleep. I am counting my blessings! We're starting to have a nightly bedtime of 10:00 for Beth, but last night and the night before she fell asleep in my arms earlier than that so I'm thinking I'll move it up to 9:00 or so. She wakes up a few times at night to nurse, so I bring her in bed with us to nurse then she goes right back into her bassinet and usually goes right back to sleep. The other sleepy picture is of a daytime nap in her bassinet- this was the first time I put her down in there during the day and she fell asleep on her own. She always sleeps with her arms above her head- she has since she was born! It's so cute!

We also finally received her stroller on Friday! DH put it together that night. Yesterday was our first real outing with it- I took her to the mall to return some things and eat lunch with DH and I think she liked it- she fell asleep! And it was sooo nice to not have my back aching because of the sling. I still plan to use it when I have to run into a store for something quick, or for grocery shopping, but it was hurting my back when I'd spend 2 hours walking the mall. So yeah, the stroller is nice. :-) Now we just have to start using it to take walks in the evenings sucessfully. Last night all three of us went for a walk and she started crying and would not stop after we were pretty far away from the house, so we went home. She's usually kind of fussy in the evenings and I was hoping being outside would distract her from crying. We'll keep trying though!

This past Sunday was Beth's first trip to her grandparent's house! DH's parents live about 45 minutes up the road so we took a day trip and Beth did great. It was so nice to go visit and I know they were happy to have us! DH's brother and his fiance were also there so it was just a lovely family get together. Beth behaved very well, for the most part... She was fussy on the way home but that was probably my fault for leaving right after she woke up instead of when she was ready to go to sleep. Lesson learned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is such a cutie. We melt everytime we see the pictures! Her mama and daddy are doing such a great job in their new roles as parents!!

Mandi said...

She's such a happy little tyke!

 
site design by designer blogs