We had a birthday party for Mary, as in the Mother of God, whose nativity we celebrate on September 8. We made a cupcake rosary, sang happy birthday, and made a craft of a "vase" with flowers to present to Mary on her birthday.
(Two days later, Beth was telling an adult friend that we went to a birthday party for Mary on Friday. The friend asked, "Mary who?" And Beth said, "You know, Mary, she had two kids? We sang happy birthday to her?" I realized Beth thought the birthday party for Mary was for one of the Moms that belonged to our group, lol.)
Saturday morning we visited a new garden center for the First time, and I hope not the last! We loved it! It was a beautiful morning, the kids were in a good mood, and it was nice talking to an employee who actually knew which plants to recommend to us given our deer situation! Saturday afternoon was spent working outside; I think it's safe to say we all spent 75% of Saturday outside! We planted our new plants in the front gardens and a few in the back, where we also made some new garden beds. Ryan and I have a vision for our backyard that involves less grass to mow and beautiful, overgrown gardens that look like something from a magazine. We took that First step to fulfill that vision on Saturday!
| before. dead grass, septic tank, nothing pretty. |
| after. the start of something beautiful...when the plants grow up and cover up the cheap brick! |
Ryan had Monday off and so he stayed home with the boys and I took Beth to buy some craft supplies and to our new fabulous grocery store for the First time. Well, her First time to go, my fourth. ;-) That afternoon we had friends over for the First time and grilled some ribs!
Which brings me to today! Our First day of school! We eased into the day, I didn't make a huge deal of it because I wanted everyone to be in good spirits and not expecting too much from me! I am happy to say our first day was a huge success, and I will blog more about our school soon!

1 comment:
Sounds like a lot of "good Firsts!" A rosary of cupcakes...mmm...now that also sounds like a "First!"
Post a Comment