Thursday, April 23

20 Things About Me

I posted this on Instagram a couple of weeks ago and decided I wanted to share it here for the sake of preservation. :-)  I did edit to clarify and add a little bit.

20 things about me... 

1. I don't have many pictures of just me on my phone, because I'm very self-conscious about myself and selfies are extremely unflattering on me. The picture of me on my blog is beautiful to me and represents me better than a photo of me probably does because frankly, if I could "be" any person who has ever been painted, it would be her. This picture spoke to me the first time I ever saw it. 


2. I could eat Tex-Mex every day for the rest of my life and die a happy woman. Because, fajitas and margaritas.

3. My love language is quality time. If we haven't spent quality time together lately, I'm probably feeling like we aren't friends. (If we live more than an hour apart, there's an exception.  Bonus points if you pursue spending time with me!)

4. When I'm with my sister, brothers, aunts, uncles, and cousins- even though we are all in different places doing different things- I feel like I'm with my "tribe." 

5. I make really good gumbo. 

6. The first time I ever really felt good at saying I was good at something was a couple of years ago when I became confident that I am a really good doula. 


7. I've dealt with postpartum depression and anxiety and I'm not embarrassed to admit it. 

8. My dream as a child was to get married to a tall dark-headed man and have babies. Pretty much living my fairy tale! 


 9. Trader Joes chocolates are my favorite desserts! 

10. I hate it when someone talks about my body. I'm not too big or too thin. All I want is to be healthy and strong. 11. It's a dream of mine to take voice lessons and sing this one beautiful song that's not even in English- it's from an opera but I don't even know what it's called, lol. 

12. All I want, more than anything, is for my extended family members to come to know the healing that is found only in Jesus, and that those who have been hurt can find peace. 

13. I lived a double life in high school and was a genuinely good kid, but wouldn't relive those years for a million dollars. 

14. I hate it when I don't serve a good meal to my family. I hate it when it's stuff that's just all thrown together. Ugh. 

15. I want to be a farm girl but if you know me in the slightest you probably already know that! 

16. I'm a behind the scenes kind of person. I like to help, so if I offer something to you, know it's completely genuine and never just to be polite.

17. I'm fiercely loyal. But I don't hold grudges.  Grudge-holding has been very hurtful to me in the past so I'm very sensitive to it and pray with all my might to forgive those who have hurt me and move on with life!

18. I hate confrontation and get my feelings hurt easily if it's something personal. 

19. I hate shopping for myself.

20. Becoming a member of the ordinariate of the chair of St. Peter- a branch of the Roman rite of the Catholic Church- has been the best thing to happen in my spiritual life since really learning to own my faith as a 16- year-old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual, your transparency and candor make this a delightful read.

Anonymous said...

You also make GREAT bean dip!

 
site design by designer blogs