Thursday, March 20

Restore

Every day I have blog posts and topics swirling around in my head. Specific topics, like the way the 3 big kids will entertain Caeli while I cook dinner (it's so easy to have a baby with big kids around!), or how we're going on a mission this spring to eradicate the crawfish from our backyard! More posts about how I have started exercising again, how much I love our homeschool co-op, and how blessed I am to be the mommy of 4 amazing kiddos. Another post about Lent, one about Spring Break, and maybe a couple of updates about Caeli (she's 10 weeks old today!). But alas. My creative juices start flowing, but I am hardly ever in a place to write it down. And when I do find time to write it down, the juices aren't flowing and I feel like I'm just recapping events instead of really remembering them.

So tonight I'll write about the Restore workshop I am participating in right now, because I'm just so excited about it! It's an online workshop given by one of my favorite authors and homeschoolers, Elizabeth Foss

"And after you have suffered a little while the God of all grace who has called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, establish, and strengthen you." 1 Peter 5:10

Yes, I have been burnt out.  I need restoring, every single day. I have pushed myself too far before, too many times.  And I'm learning that it happens when I try to deal with all of the trappings of my life, instead of giving it to God in prayer.  I worry, I plan, I control.  But how often do I pray? 

The feeling of "burning out" hits me when it's just too much going on without enough prayer.  It's when things beyond my control start to control my life, and I don't invite God in to lead me.

I'm learning to avoid burn out, because I'm not so great at coping with it once it's hit me! I'm learning my boundaries- saying yes when we can or saying no even when I really want to say yes.  And I think sometimes that comes off to other people as arrogance?  Or maybe that I don't care enough?

Daily I remind myself to let things go, trust in Him, and not be so worried about these earthly things.  My goal has always been heaven- for Ryan, for the kids, and for me.  When I think about that, everything else just hardly seems to matter!

But yes... some things need to be done.  I have to keep the house cleaned because that's an outward way of showing God I am thankful for these things.  I feed my kids the best that I can as an offering of thanks to Him, because He gave us our health and this food.  Many times it's a sacrifice to cook, and sometimes I REALLY don't want to, but they have to eat!  (Oh why do they have to eat so often!)  We have to school, and we have to teach our children to be responsible and holy adults. So yes, there are things that need to be done.

I'm looking forward to the entire workshop!  Who else is doing it? Anyone want to get coffee and talk about it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Restore I mostly about "letting go"?

Keep us posted on how it works for you!

 
site design by designer blogs