Sunday, June 24

Two Years Old

Our "baby" is two today!  Happy birthday Jack!

This little boy... I feel silly calling him my "baby" but as long as he's my youngest child I think he'll be blessed with that nickname. :-)  I feel so lucky to be his Mommy!




We didn't have a big party for him this year, we just invited Grandma and Grandpa over for some playtime and dinner.  After Jack woke up from his nap we opened presents and ate the watermelon "cake" I made from a watermelon, kiwi, cantaloupe, raspberries, and strawberries.  


 


He loves "The Little Blue Truck" so I bought him the sequel from Beth and Luke.

A motorized truck, this one was a favorite!

Grandma and Grandpa bought him a three-wheel bike.

Ryan and I also gave him two dress up outfits, a construction worker and a train engineer.  They came with lots of fun accessories, here Jack is "fixing" his bike.

MawMaw and PawPaw gave him a fire chief costume.  How convenient that he was given three dress up costumes. ;-)

Watermelon, a favorite around here!  He didn't touch the other fruit!



We played and visited for a couple of hours before dinner; I made homemade chicken strips, sweet potato fries (one of Jack's favorites!) and sauteed squashes.  After dinner we had chocolate cake... Did you really think I'd only offer a watermelon cake on a birthday?  I use any excuse to make a chocolate cake!



My sweet boy, I am so blessed to be your Mommy.  I love the way you look at me with your sweet eyes and give me a kiss when I ask.  (You lean in your head, put your cheek on my cheek, and say "muah!")  You and I have secret sign language, I can sign "I love you" and you tell me who you love, usually it's me or Daddy!  We play this game for a long time and you proudly declare who you love!  You love your big sister and big brother too, imitating every single little movement they make.  You are usually more sweet with Beth, though you've been known to walk at her with your arm up threatening a hit if she doesn't comply with your wishes!  With Luke you're a little rougher, but for the most part you both enjoy wrestling with each other (until it ends with one of you crying)! 


You and I still nurse, you come plop yourself in my lap and ask, "urse?" Usually it's only in the morning and at night but sometimes you convince me in the middle of the day too!  You refuse to drink cow's milk so I am happy to give you my mommy milk until you're all done!

Your Daddy and I love you so much, and we enjoy all of the special little moments we both have with you at nighttime as we put you to bed.  You always want me to put you down, but Daddy loves to make you giggle right before bed!  You and I read, I wrap a blanket tightly around your waist and legs (what's left of the swaddle), and we rock as I hum to you.  You always ask for more songs!

You love to jump, you play silly games with Daddy, Beth, and Luke, you LOVE to sit and read (you always ask, "one more?"), you can be rough but you are also very compassionate, and you always ask, "Praya?" (prayer?) before we eat.  You absolutely love all of your grandparents, aunts, and uncles!

I thank God for the gift of you, delightful, silly, sweet little you. <3

1 comment:

grandma and grandpa said...

Happy Birthday, Jack!! We loved celebrating with you on your birthday! We love your grin and your bear hugs...you are such a sweetheart!!!

 
site design by designer blogs