Sunday, April 8

Happy Easter!

 Alleluia!  Happy Easter!  Our family had a busy one as usual, hosting a few guests and attending our annual crawfish boil on Saturday.  Beth and I attended alone this year as Luke and Jack are still pretty spotted.  I don't think they're contagious anymore (with the chicken pox) but they are still a little on the grumpy side, though not really itchy (thank goodness!).  We didn't want to take any chances and bring them, so Ryan was a mighty fine man and offered to stay home with them while Beth and I went to the party.  Today, for Easter Sunday, Ryan went to the 7 am mass and I went with Beth and our family at the 9 am mass, once again because we didn't think it'd be a good idea to bring the boys out!  They didn't get to wear their Easter shirts and we didn't get a good family Easter picture!  I think I'll plan out another Sunday for us to all wear our Easter clothes again and try to get a good family picture.
Easter baskets full of books, coloring books, crayons or markers, sidewalk chalk, and gummy bears!  No chocolate this year because I didn't get my act together in time to find some!  I think this marks the first Easter in my life to not have a chocolate bunny!
Three exicted babies to dig into their baskets!
Checking out their loot!


After Beth and I got home from mass we tried to get a family picture but she threw a fit and refused to join us!  We'll try again soon!
Ryan made our brunch for us while we were at mass- a delicious breakfast casserole and pancakes with mimosas!
The boys had their own special table.
And this one was too fun not to include, Finley and Bosco are finally at the stage where they will lick each other and cuddle!  It was too funny, and I'd never seen them do it this long before, they were too cute!
 After everyone left and Ryan and I talked about our Lenten sacrifices and how we felt about the way our Lents went.  I won't speak for him but I'll share that I feel that although I could have been more traditionally sacrificial, I made little sacrifices here and there that lead to a big thing for me.  One of my "sacrifices" was to take my vitamins and supplements every day, something I've never in my life been good at.  I bought a pill sorter thingy so I had them planned out for the week and developed the habit of taking my morning vitamins  every day (I think I missed them maybe 4 or 5 times).  I wasn't so great at remembering my evening vitamins, but the ones I took in the morning made a very large difference in me.  I guess I've been very B deficient because my B complex, additional B6, and St. John's Wort combined together, along with the prayer and sacrifice of lent, really helped my attitude improve quite a bit.  Significantly, actually!  This, in conjunction with a few other revelations, has made me feel very good lately and I'm feeling very optimistic about our future. Not that I wasn't feeling that way before, but it's like a fog as been lifted and I'm at peace, which is a very good feeling!

I hope you were able to have a fruitful Lent as well!  Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Kyla, Michael & Joseph said...

Happy Easter! I'm sorry the boys are still getting past the chicken pox, but so glad you guys still had a great weekend together!

Neen said...

I am glad they are bouncing back from the chicken pox. Your kiddos are still adorable. I can't wait to see the family "Easter shots" in a few weeks, you have 50 days to the Easter season - so plenty of time for a picture. Happy Easter!!

 
site design by designer blogs