Wednesday, February 15

Valentine's Day

Last night I passed out at 9:30 pm, and here's why...

We started off our Valentine's day by dropping Ryan off at work at 7:45 am.  Yes, his car is in the shop again!  We dropped off some library books and then went home to make some breakfast and do a little bit of school before...

Luke's first day of gymnastics!  We have a new gym by our house and Luke's class was actually the very first class ever!  Luke LOVED it.  He was smiling from ear to ear during the entire 50-minute class!  They started on the trampolines (good move) and then moved to a couple of circuits before doing some running around.  He talked about it for the rest of the day and can't wait to go back!




I took these photos right after we got home from the gym because they were all excited to have a balloon!  We had a quick lunch and then I put the boys down for naps.



Naps might have been a mistake because I had to wake the (cranky!) boys up in order for us to go to our next event, our homeschool group's Valentine's Day party at the park.  We had been working on making our Valentines for our friends for about a week, they had fun with stickers and markers!  They also each made a "mailbox" for their Valentines, that was a project they did with Daddy!


They had an exchange with other kids in their age group- Luke was in the 2-4 group and Beth was in the 5-7 group.  It took Luke awhile to figure out he was giving all of his Valentines he'd made away!  We had some treats and they played in the park with some friends.  Then we came home and they opened all of their cards.


They were excited about the candy!  I did a "lollipop switch" where we traded the probably-not-gluten-free candy for my healthy lollipops, and they each had one.  Even Jack, it was pretty funny and I wish I'd gotten a photo of him!  We quickly got ready for our special annual dinner with Daddy.



We picked Ryan up a little earlier than planned and had an early dinner before the restaurant got too busy.  Actually, it was the slowest we'd ever seen on Valentine's Day, and we've been going for 5 years!  Beth loved her fried rice, she said it was one of the yummiest things she's ever eaten.  I asked if she thought I could make it just as yummy and she said, "I think so, you make everything so yummy!"  I was flattered. :-)  Luke was so very wound up during dinner, he was not still for more than 2 seconds, I think it was the all the sugar finally kicking in!



After dinner we took them on the carousel for the second or third time, but this was Jack's first time.  They were so happy for the whole ride, but I could tell they were starting to get tired!


We got home around 7 and we were all ready to pass out.  Ryan was a love and put all three kids down; I laid down on the couch and didn't move for about 2 hours, until I finally just washed my face and brushed my teeth and hopped in bed.  I haven't felt so exhausted in... ever!

Valentine's Day is also the day we celebrate Finley's birthday, and we bought him some special treats to share with him.  Unfortunately, we didn't get around to celebrating with him yesterday, so he enjoyed his treats today.  They must have been like dog candy because he was so hyper after he ate them!  He was spoiled with lots of hugs and kisses from the kids!  We love you Finley!


And just as I was composing this blog post my dear, sweet husband brought me home this:
Four containers of chocolate-covered strawberries and a dozen white roses in a gorgeous bouquet. It pays to shop the day after Valentine's Day- the arrangement was $99.99 yesterday and $10 today!  The strawberries were $18 yesterday and $2 today.  At that savings, I don't mind waiting a day for my flowers and chocolate. :-)

2 comments:

Neen said...

What a beautiful fun day!

Kyla, Michael & Joseph said...

So glad yall had a nice Valentine's Day! That's wonderful Luke enjoyed his gymnastics class so much - yay!!

 
site design by designer blogs