Tuesday, November 8

Halloween 2011

 Sorry this Halloween post is a little late!  :-)  We skipped out on the All Saint's Day party this year because I just didn't have it in me to prepare costumes.  We've gone the past two years and the kids had fun, and I know they would have enjoyed it even more this year.  I wasn't up for it, though!  So we just did plain old trick-or-treating, which they enjoyed quite a bit.  Beth went as a Monarch butterfly, Luke was a farmer on a tractor, and Jack was his cow.  The idea was for Luke to be Farmer Brown from the book Click Clack Moo, and Jack was to be a cow with a typewriter.  But I couldn't find a typewriter, so he was just a cow!  They went out with Ryan for about 30 minutes, while I stayed home expecting the door bell to ring... Except it didn't.  Okay, it rang once while they were gone, and once after they got home.  TWO trick-or-treaters!  Ryan told me a lot of families brought their candy to the end of their driveways to hand out to the kids (we have very long driveways in our neighborhood) so I guess that's why we didn't get many kids knocking at our door.  OH WELL, more candy for us!  Hehehehe...





I wish I could explain the mad rush that it was once the kids got home, to dump out their candy and go through it.  Well, most of my blog readers have children so I'm sure they experienced the same thing... Kid comes in with a spark in his eye...on a mission.  I'm sure all that was going through their little brains was, "gimmecandygimmecandygimmecandy," but at least they were patient enough for Mommy and Daddy go pick out the gluten-filled candy and trade it out with some (healthier) gluten-free options.  Like Yummy Earth suckers for all other the other suckers.  They each had a few pieces then we shuffled them off to bed, promising a few pieces after lunch the following day.  So far they've had two or three pieces after meals each day, and between that and Daddy bringing a big bag of it to share at work, we've demolished the rest!

3 comments:

mama schmerb said...

I've been DYING to see these!!!
a big, outloud laugh at Luke's straw hat!!!!! Jack Jack, so happy with his cute cow. And of course, Miss Butterfly, so sweet!!

Grandma and grandpa said...

Wow...just adorable creatures of the night. And by the way...we have a toy typewriter from when josh and Ryan were kids. You can use next year,

Kyla, Michael & Joseph said...

Their outfits are adorable! Looks like they had such a great time and had some yummy treats! :)

 
site design by designer blogs